Friday, June 24, 2011

Hello, Anyboby There?

So sorry for the lack of posts this week.  It has been crazy.
One week ago the Mr. and I ran the Ragnar Relay (post to come), then I worked Monday and Wednesday (normally I work just Mondays but I am taking time off to be with E) and then E had an adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy yesterday.  E was pretty excited for her surgery.  She knew that it was going to be painful and that she would have to relax a lot but she was most excited about eating A LOT of popsicles.
 


 Dr. Barlow - He is WONDERFUL
This was so awful.  After about an hour of questions and prodding, E was very nervous.  The Mr. and I were not holding up too well.   E just held on tight and didn't want to go.  It was horrible.  But after LOTS of hugs and kisses she was off and we sat for what seemed to be the longest 30 minutes of our life.
We knew that she was in good hands but this was our
first time having a child go into surgery.
We hope that we never have to do it again! 

Finally done, now time to snuggle (I was in heaven)...until I started to feel a little woozy.  I could smell a weird (don't know how to explain it) smell every time E would breath out (it was her anesthesia).  I said to the Mr., "I don't feel well, will you take her?."  Then he said that my eyes rolled back and I was out.  The nurses came over and gave me oxygen, and cold packs.  It was the craziest thing, I could hear what was going on, but I couldn't open my eyes, or move my arms or legs.  I was sweating so bad.  I literally passed out.  I was so embarrassed, and I felt horrible that I couldn't hold E.  After a little bit I was back to myself and E was doing great so we headed home.  Crazy day. 

Let the Popsicles begin.
E is doing great.  It is kind of hard to keep her down!  
 We are so grateful that all went well, and for all of our visitors.  
We feel so blessed to live in a place with so many
family and friends close by to visit.
We love you all and THANKS for the gifts and Popsicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment