Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Duct Tape

Last summer we went to Disneyland.  We needed a double stroller for our girls so we borrowed then was given this stroller that was in perfect condition.  Thanks Nancy!!!  After many uses the foot strap broke.  The stroller is in great condition and I love it, so I found a way to make my own foot strap.  After trying a few different things we found that Duct Tape worked the best.  Did you know that Duct Tape comes in a variety of colors?  So fun!
Here's how I fixed it...
Before pics.
First thing I did was completely remove the foot straps.
I started with a small piece of duct tape in the center (on the back side)
then a long piece on top and around the pole.
Then I repeated that on the other side.
Then I used a a small piece of tape in the middle
connecting the two pieces together.
This is a picture of the back side.
I put a long piece of duct tape over the exposed tape.
I started all over again and repeated the process 2 more times.
I wanted a finished edge so I wrapped the Duct Tape around the strap like this.
I then put the little ones to work in making sure it will hold up.
I even had both girls stand on them.  So far so good!
Now we need a vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment