Thursday, February 24, 2011

My New Ride

Four years ago a few friends and I wanted to do a duathlon.  I didn't have a road bike so I borrowed (and then bought) this black bike from my sister-in-law.  I love riding.  It was tricky at first because the tires are so skinny and getting used to clips was painful, but I loved the bike.  Little did I know that bikes are sized according to your height.  The black bike is a size 52 and I need a 48.  It is a great bike but I felt like it was a bit too big for me.  I mentioned to a friend that I really want a new bike, not anything fancy, just one that fits me.  She said that she had a friend that had a bike that is too small for her.  I was finally able to get together with her and switched bikes.  It is pretty much the same bike bit is is a much better fit.  I love the color - it will be much easier to find at triathlons.  
Bring on the warm weather so we can get out and ride! 
Old    vs.    New

Of course, I couldn't just leave the bike alone.
I added some pink to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment